The resort will REMAIN an eco-friendly sanctuary. Our coalition loves our canyon and the environment and have done our diligence on the righteousness of this development. Due to the unique nature of the site and the topography of the landscape, the entire project will be virtually HIDDEN from the view of surrounding streets (Benedict Canyon & Hutton). We have verified that the resort will include the planting of over 1,000 new trees that are native or drought tolerant species to the existing plush landscape (removing fire prone brush and non-native trees) which will further enhance privacy and seclusion from the rest of the neighborhood. We have verified that the developer shares our passion for the existing wildlife and is taking all steps to ensure their ability to remain on the property and roam freely given there will be ZERO boundary walls that could obstruct their ability to roam free.
- Be 75% open space
- Increase property value
- Be much smaller than originally planned (41% smaller, with 43% fewer rooms than the Hotel Bel-Air)
- Be nearly invisible from surrounding streets
- Be entirely self-contained, with all parking onsite— not on neighborhood streets
- Increase fire safety for the whole neighborhood
- Preserve a significant amount of the existing trees on the property, and add 1,000+ new native ones
- Increase neighborhood property values (per verified CBRE analysis)
- With ZERO BOUNDARY WALLS our wildlife will continue to populate and ROAM FREE.
- Be the first nonresidential property in the Santa Monica Mountains
- Require any new roads outside of the property
- Create excess noise pollution. It’s a tranquil retreat, not a party venue
- Create a trend in new building projects. (In L.A., each is decided on its own merits.)
- Require significant removal of displaced soil. Any required grading will be balanced almost entirely onsite
- Be another massive residential project adding 30-40 homes on this site and exporting 90,000 cy of dirt equating to nearly 9,000 to 10,000 truck trips.
SUPPORT & STAY INFORMED
Help us support responsible development that improves our neighborhood with new enhanced fire and life safety, a dog park, increased property values, wildlife stewardship, 75% open space, while creating jobs for Angelenos and respecting the environment. Ensure your support is registered here, and the spreading of false information is stopped. Hold election officials accountable. Join hundreds who have already clicked to support above and want to Enhance Our Canyon and the City of Los Angeles.